Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when sight casting to cobes do yall use leader? if so, how long? and how do you connect the leader to your mainline? Im more used to sitting for them, just looking for a little advice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use about 20 inches of 80# leader crimped to a bucktail and a 75# swivel. I use 30# main line and tie a double line clinch knot to the swivel. Everybody I know prefers a different colored bucktail for sight casting ( pink, yellow, white, orange etc...)
Use what you feel confident in.

Russ

·
Registered
328 Posts
white with a red tail has always been good to me,but lately yellow with a red tail has been out doing the white.I use a 80 to 100 lb. leader but only about 14 inches to make casting accurately easier.barell swivel to attach both lines over hand nail knot. small loop loop knot for the bucktail gives it a little bit more action when you have to convince them that they are hungry and it doesnt matter when they really are hungry.which is true for any other fish as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tie my leader straight to the mainline- less hardware the better. We use anywhere from 50-100 lbs leader with 30-40 lbs mainline. This 95% of my bites were on a hot pink jig with green tail. Orange, white, green, and pink are always good colors.[grin]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just remember what works for me may not work for you. I'm also in Carolins, so what you use in the Bay is different. My dad lives in White Stone, VA and he does it completly different. They barely ever sight cast. The use chum more then anything.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I use the same buctails in the bay for sight casting usually around a slack tide is best as the fish move up off the bottm when the current slows.3 to 4 oz. with only one hook for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts