Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Since I've been forsaken by all my good fishing buddys at Flag Harbor, I'm left with having to take myself on a Rips Trip. But I heard the ramp at Muddy........er....a.....I mean Breezy Point isn't open yet and they're dredging the channel at the Chesapeake Beach ramp. Which leave the ramp at Solomons and that's a long tow from lovely Cape St Claire. Anyone know the real deal on the CB & BP ramps??

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Graybeard,

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but would the dredging at CB prevent you from launching there? I hope not... Planning to dump the boat there at 7am.

·
Registered
954 Posts
CB was open on Tuesday. I'll run the 4 extra miles on the water to avoid muddy........er..........a........Breezy Point.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eminent brothers,
Thanks for the ramp info....and brother Francis, thanks for the invite I may just take you up on that offer. Seems my trailer lights aren't working and dispite a battery maintainer it looks like I have some semi-dead batteries.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Has anyone launched out of Breezy yet this year? I swung by there on Wednesday and there is a large pipe down near the ramp. Still looks to be launchable, but not much parking space. Tried to call Mike, left a message, but didn't get a response.

Thanks,

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eminent brother,
Seems like every year Mike is doing maintenance dredging and you have to duck the dredge and drive over the pipe. Not to mention the.........mud. And I heard they were doing maintenance dredging in the channel leading to the ramp at Fishing Creek marina. Maybe some phone calls would be worth the effort.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eminent Brother,
Weekday mosy likely....heat pump repair guy here today, Bludworm has baseball practice on Saturday and try outs for the tournament team on Sunday. Not to mention anything SWMBO may have in mind for me Looks like another fun weekend at the ranch

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
I think I caught that pipe at BP two years ago, just had the prop done...so back I was the next day with a bent prop AGAIN!! Hope it clear as I want to drop in there Monday

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eminent Brother,
I remember that....you had to pull up your motor and coast over the dredge boom. Then lower your motor and power up again. Lucky I didn't bend my prop, but; it was scary. The things we do for some pullage.......

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eminent Brother,
The ramp at BPM is darn good in terms of launching and retreiving, but; everytime I go there I say to myself, "that's it.....the next time I'll do Fishing Creek Marina." Has anyone launched there this year??? The guys at herrington harbor told me they were doing maintenance dredging

1 - 17 of 17 Posts