Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the rips today with montauk17 and jwittman and did ok. About 10 fish from 9-2. Headed back to Breezy and put out some trolling gear. Landed a 28" and a 36". Headed in at 5. All in all a good day so looks like there out there. One fish we caught off the rips looked real bad had really bad leozins (sp?) .
Had a fun day and met two great tidalfish guys!!! Look forward to fishing with you guys again. John will post pics later.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Jonathan - thanks again for taking me and Jerry out. Things got off to a rough start, but all-in-all it was a great day to be on the bay. Here are some pics from the day. Sorry about the size of the pics. but the board would not let me load the bigger ones.:nono:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Overall I would say today was one of the worst days I have ever fished CC in March/April. The tide was screaming out, pushing everyones boats together, the fish weren't really biting and the ones that were there were small.

If you want big fish now trolling should definatly be your game. But, a beautiful morning to be on the water.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was out with 00keywest and jwittman today.

I concur...the drift at the CCNPP today was really unusual. The rips would push you out and then pull you right back in. Of course this played havoc on everyone trying to keep from hitting each other. Then throw a couple fly fisherman into the mix and it got really interesting.

Overall it was a great day to be on the water. Plenty of pullage to be had either LTJing or Trolling. Trolling produced the biggest fish. :rockon: :bigfish:

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I did my shake-down de-winterization cruise and first fishing trip yesterday. Goal was to make sure the fuel tank, filters, and motor survived the E-10 fuel over the winter, and check out the electronics (which I had repaired). As icing on the cake, I swun by the rips at 1700 and fished with Sandeel until dark. Except for about 30 minutes where we shared the place with Walleye Pete, we had it to ourselves. Most fish were small...in the upper teens and lower twenties.

Other than loosing my basic-load of jig heads on the rocks, all in all, it was a good first trip. The filters were clean and clear, with no evidence of water or phase separation that some have talked about. Motors purred like kittens, and the electonics worked well, including the fresh software updates applied by the Raymarine while they had it. A fishy smell added to a successful day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts