Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We dropped in aftermaking a transaction with a guy at the Smokey Pig, I for one needed a spare tire for the trailer and Neil needed a wiring plug for his newly acquired trolling motor. So found the tire and rim thats the right size and see $140 and bracket was $40, i was like #&#$(*&. I dont need a spare tire that bad, I will drop in Rugged Marine and check them out. Well Neil finds a plug and I swear it looks like they took it out of a used boat somewhere, price was $40.00. I had already spotted the 2400 Bay boat by sea pro, BTW nice boat plenty of space and went to check it out, while it took forever on a question Neil asked that was a yes or no question. Well I am done checking this boat out and walked back toward the desk and the guy back there was going off, fussing and talking about employees behind their backs. Looked at Neil and we both decided it was time to leave.

Long story short, stopped in a Rugged Marine and spare tire and bracket totalled $135. And a plug like Neil needed was around $15. I didnt question boat prices? They might be ok. But service ????

·
Registered
457 Posts
NO , YOU DID'NT GO TO ED'S. AFTER ALL THATS BEEN SAID ABOUT THAT PLACE[grin]I WOULD THINK YOU COULD GET A BETTER DEAL AT ANYWHERE ELSE.

I BELIEVE THEY HAD AN AD IN THE PAPER THIS WEEK FOR COUNTER SALES , THAT MIGHT GET YOU A CAMPANY DISCOUNT. THAT IS IF YOU COULD TAKE THE BACK STABBING[sad].

·
Registered
392 Posts
I dont seee where there's a problem. I bought my boat from Ed's. They took my money laugh in my face when I have problems. No problem! [grin]

·
Registered
766 Posts
I for one will not condemn the a**holes that own and work there. Personality or background checks are not done on new employees, go figure !
One day a mechanic was found dead from a fiery explosion and could noy be identified. Bubba and Earl said maybe we can help. Going to the morgue , Bubba rolled him over and pulled down his drawers and inspected his butt he said "Heck",I thought it may be Junior, the Ed's Marine mechanic. Guess not. Earl, now getting his chance to help out with the identification process, flips him over on his tummy and pulls his drawers down, also repeats the process and inspects his butt and says Nope - you're right, it aint Junior, the Ed's Marine mechanic. Well the coroner could not figure out what the deceased body's butt had to do with anything so he asked Bubba and Earl what's up with the "butt inspection". They both replied well Junior had 2 a**holes. The coroner says WHAT ? 2 A**holes ? ? ? Junior and Bubba said YEP everyone knew it cause everytime WE used to go to town the folks would say, here comes Junior with them 2 a**sholes and this dude aint got but one !

So don't think just because an Ed's Marine thread was started your'e gonna hear me say something negative ! ! ![tongue]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts