Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone noticing how much road-kill there is this year? I passed 4 does today on the ride from Westminster to Woodlawn, and 5 on Saturday on 97 from Westminster to Gettysburg, not to mention the HUGE buck standing on the side of the road mid-day. I remember always seeing dead deer on the roads this time of year, but not this many! Where are all of you hunters and why aren't they on your walls and in your freezers? [wink]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks - I am sure all of those wrecked cars appreciate it.

Seriously though, is it just me or is anyone else noticing more dead on the road than ususal? If it is more than usual,what's the deal?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I realize it is breeding season and like I said, I see this every year, just seems to be more this year than years past. I don't think I ever remember seeing so many on 1 drive into work. I guess it is just timing.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ive seen more roadkill this year than ever. Deer seems to be up, but the raccoons, man you see 100's of them everywhere dead on the road. I almost hit one myself the other night.

Seems something is making them move more this year, or maybe just more of them???

I thought to myself, am I just noticing it this year or are their millions of raccoon commiting suicide??

Eric

·
Registered
931 Posts
Attention please!!!.....

Has anyone noticed more dead dear on the roads this year?!

You pitifull hunters... why haven't you killed all of em'?

It's all your fault you sorry hunters.

Bring them death, destroy the species. Extinction!!!

[grin][grin][grin]

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hunt a farm in Kent County, MD -- last week the farmer told me once he cuts the bean, we'll notice a lot more road kill. When fields are cut, deer need to travel further for food, he said. Made sense to me. In the summer he said the deer just stay in the fields all day and night -- they have no reason to move.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[Q]kepone cats originally wrote:
Attention please!!!.....

Has anyone noticed more dead dear on the roads this year?!

You pitifull hunters... why haven't you killed all of em'?

It's all your fault you sorry hunters.

Bring them death, destroy the species. Extinction!!!

[grin][grin][grin]
[/Q]

Hey - don't put words in my mouth - I never said pitiful! [angel]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.