Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about boulders being dumped over the tubes a couple of weeks ago? A friend of mine was out there and saw a barge, crane, and divers putting big boulders over the tube. He said they were near/close to the third island.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if there will be more rouge rocks. It would be nice if they would move the one that's at the third.

hmmm....

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I wonder if there will be more rouge rocks. It would be nice if they would move the one that's at the third.

hmmm....
tell me about it. i found it the hard way, yet i see boats fishing over it all the time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
rocks

They have been dumping rocks for weeks and weeks all over the place. Theres a bunch of new tog condominiums looking for new tenants. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Saw them dumping huge rocks out there a couple of weeks ago. Also saw the dumping more rocks on the bridge side of the Island

·
Registered
717 Posts
They've been doing it all summer long along the main channels. I have marked all the large pile to date on my gps. They will be fish magnets this spring!
Capt Wayne

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know why they are doing it? I have a specific wireline pattern I have fished every year that produces when no one else is catching. I hope this doesn't mess it up.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
All work will be waterborne, thus not interrupting the flow of traffic and it will include the placement of approximately 260,000 tons of stone. It is estimated to take three years to complete the project in its entirety.

Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel District
32386 Lankford Highway
Cape Charles, VA 23310

or call:
(757) 331-2960

·
Registered
263 Posts
Picture

At Crab Creek ramp office they have a picture of the area at very low tide showing three separate protrusions of rocks after the islands rocks disappear into the water.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
forget it TWR...I was going to mark it with a buoy and even had my VMRC Permit # and still the CBBT people refused to allow it because the rock is inside the area they control...I'll bet the buoy is still in the boatel where I used to have my boat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts