Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the area, I fish from the shore in rock creek, and have been catching perch, croaker, catfish, and some baby rock fish. Any tips for bait to catch bigger rock fish? Haven't caught any spot yet. Also please, some suggestions on lures for rock fish. Again,im fishing from land. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Most of the rock around the area now are schoolies and it takes some hunting to find anything of size even in a boat. If you fish from the park you can go bayside using peelers but the catfish and WP are plentiful along that section of shoreline. On the Rock Creek side it's mostly very small stuff - you can always find the asians there catching tons of bait size fish (3"-5") stuff and throwing it a basket to take home. During dawn/dusk you can cast topwater lures or lightly weighted BAs along the rocks and pier pilings. I wouldn't touch the water inside the creek. Inside the creek you won't see rock of any size until October.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bob. I fish out of the little beach front that's private to rock creek estates. I got a 19" catfish last week, and I think a red drum today?? Kinda looked like a croaker but it had a black spot on the tail. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Tough area to fish b/c there's no water access to speak of. There's a community boat ramp off of Colony Rd if you have a canoe or something that floats. Plenty of pilings back in the creek. The yearly fee (locked gate) has gotten outragous. The main problem with Rock Creek is the large sewage spills and warnings not to touch the water.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Thats a red drum!
Thanks bob. I fish out of the little beach front that's private to rock creek estates. I got a 19" catfish last week, and I think a red drum today?? Kinda looked like a croaker but it had a black spot on the tail. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts