Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I can not download pic's for some reason (software is doing different than before)
New Point has been pretty slow on rock, not 1 fish yesterday---so I ran up the bay to mouth of Rapp. Birds working bay everywhere!
Had Great day Guessing 70+ fish! (lost count after 50 or so) More that 15 (20?) sets of doubles!
Started off with 8-12" fish Ton's of them! moved to different area, picked up 18-19.5's.
Stayed with the 19.5's for a long time and finally picked up a few 20's.. @ 1pm the fish got bigger landing 22-23' fish!
Came home with a 30" and rest were 22's. Water was Flat and beautiful for my 20 mile ride back home.
Did not have to be under birds-- just were bait was showing. They hit my spoons, tandem bucktails, swim shad , pretty much most any bait we put out! Have to love it!

Plan on fishing again tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Kudos on a great day of fishing and thanks for this report.

Happy Thanks Giving and Tight Lines too Charlie and family!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed Happy Turkey day to all here! BTW, got report of 47" caught just up from where I was fishing.
I fished from mouth of Rapp all the way over to eastern shore side. While it was 30+ min (35mph) run up bay it was well worth trip.
Several charter boats from Cape Charles were up that way also. The fish just have not come down the bay yet.
All fish were healthy looking and chunky! Most of the fish were spitting up silversides and only the 30"fish had menhaden in belly.
Caught so many my back's sore today.... May not make that run again today

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks Charlie for the report! Hopefully they stay around this year and we all get to have some fun.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome report. I am sooooo jealous. I wish I was closer to that area. I will be heading out Saturday from Poquosons back river. Still can't decide where to try.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Charlie,
Thank you for the report.
Because of your honest report I was able to bring two guests along and get our first limit Rockfish trip of the year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts