Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bigfish: Any Reports on Rock Fish off Tangier or near Onancock. Looking to fish this coming weekend.

·
Registered
486 Posts
jigged them up today just south of watts to 28 inches... nothing real big but some with lice.... thought it be to early to eel... but who knows

·
Registered
8 Posts
On Saturday, Nov 1st - my Dad and I caught 9 rockfish inshore on Pungoteague Creek just off Evan's Wharf on a rising tide. All were 17 to 20 inches and only two were keepers, but all went back in the water. We were throwing 1/4 oz lead heads with with white grubs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Fished all around the area yesterday but most of the bait was just north of Tangiers island towards #6 FoxIsland buoy around the Va line and it was high....i shouldn't have said jigged, more fish were taken across the top on big storms (so used to jigging bottom i say it out of habit).... all these fish were near top of water column....

My brother in laws friend has a plane and scoped the whole area out... he told me he spotted more bait, from his plane, in lower part of tangiers sound than he's seen in a few years

·
Registered
198 Posts
Check the northern neck board guys, I know they are catching at bouy 7 and across the bay at Tangier but most are smaller fish.
Mel
Catchone

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info on the bayside. Maybe I'll give her a try at first light near the Tangier Light. Be on channel 68 any luck I'll put out on the radio.:fishing2:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey trainee, anything to report from Onancock? I'm trying to get out next weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts