Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Deltaville early this morning and went to Cape Charles. Marked a lot of bait and fish but no takers until around 1:00 pm. Nothing fast and furious but one every now and then, mostly around bouy 36. Ended up with 5 keepers up to 40 inches. Nice fish and a nice day. A lot of nice fish were caught there today according to the radio.
T-Bear

·
Registered
170 Posts
I knew puttin' my boat away would help somebody. Congrats to you T-BEAR. Get out there and catch some more of those nice ones. Hope the weather holds up for you. Talked to Gene this afternoon and he caught no stripers but had a good time with the blues on light tackle off OI. The blues were 12 to 15 lbers. Congrats again T-BEAR..[excited]

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the congrats and wish I could go again this year, but today was my last time until next year. Like you I put my boat up today. Hope to get a ride in the ocean at the first of the year.
T-Bear

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great Trip! Thanks for the report. If all goes well, we’ll be hitting 36 or keep going to the CBBT high rise on Saturday for the last day of the bay season. I hope we only have to go to 36. Did you fish other baits or were other boats catching fish on tandems, stretches, etc. or did they only want umbrellas?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
We, Tom (rappahanockman) and I, were out there in that mass of boats; it looked like a weekend in July. We ended up with two, a 37 and a 35. Found them both in about 70' of water. The 37 took the 20 oz MoJo and the 35 hit on a stretch 30+. I lost the stretch when the wind stopped my forward progress and we ran back over the line. The stretch tried to mate with the motor. When I cleaned the 37 she had three palm sized bunkers in her gut. All in all a good trip.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In regards to the baits that we used, we also had over a red and white stretch, a small bucktail with a curly tail. Had hits on both baits, but lost them. The white and chartruse umbrella rigs appeared to be the best bait. Good luck to you if you get out Saturday.
T-Bear

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Nice job Frank - trying to head out Saturday for the last hurrah.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin][grin]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts