Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 5 years ago, someone posted a recipe for a very good rockfish chowder. It was either milk or cream based & contained onions, potatoes & bacon. Can anybody help me out?

Yesterday, I had a nice catch of fish about 3 miles off Dam Neck (never venturing south of 41200). They bit 4 & 6 arm umbrella rigs & double rigs. I'd estimate my biggest fish was around 25 pounds, anyway had our limit & was done fishing by 2pm.

Stuart
SPORTSMAN

· Registered
631 Posts
heres the one i use
its quick

1 pound rockfish fillets
1/2 cup onion
2 Tbls. butter or margarine
2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup boiling water
2 cups milk
1 can (8 oz) creamed style corn
salt and pepper, to taste

Cut fillets to one inch squares. Melt butter and cook onions in a 3 quart pot until soft. Add potatoes, water, and fish. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add milk and corn; heat thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once while hot.

· Registered
2,560 Posts
This is the recipe I always use.

2 (10 1/2 oz) cans condensed cream of potato soup
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups cooked, flaked fish
1 (4 oz) can kernal corn, drained
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
dash onion powder
dash paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Put soup in 3 quart saucepan; stir in milk. Add fish, corn, butter, onion powder,
paprika, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until well blended and
completely heated. DO NOT BOIL. Makes 8 cups.

· Registered
8,201 Posts
quicker and more of a cheat is.........big can of cream of mushroom soup, 16 oz bottle of hazelnut coffe creamer, striper filets.....put em all in the crock pot on low......3 hours later.......in a bowl crush a 1/2 stack of ritz crackers pour the soup over the crackers......better than eating P-Y.....

.I see you drooling.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.