Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard stories of people catching rockfish under the Granby Street bridge in the Lafeyette River by Riverview. I've tried it a few times and never gotten a bite. Mostly I've used bucktails and windcheaters. Has anyone here ever fished there and caught any rock, or were these guys pulling my leg? I dont live far from there, so it would be nice to catch a few that close to home. Especially when its too windy on the Bay. Any stories or advice are appreciated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A buddy of mine was fishing there and said that one of the other fisherman caught one. It was out of season. Striper can be taken from nearly anywhere in the Layfeyette and Elizabeth Rivers. The structure and grass there are just a bonus. I wouldn't expect to get into a school of them like in the bay or ocean. More of your incidental, resident fish in that area.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I see people riding their bikes with poles in hand to the bridge,I
know there is a pier underneath.
I also see people fishing in the river from shore at Norview and
Tidewater Dr.,wonder what they are catching.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I caught striper from the bridge in downtown Richmond. They spawn in freshwater and go back to the saltwater. I would catch some live baitfish with my throw net and hook one on with a big bobber and let it drift down stream till I saw the big explosion. Hard part was getting the fish up on the bridge. Good luck. Martin

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Ive caught them from a boat at the granby bridge, fish it and you will catch. Carry your chit with ya,its a shady part of town and its dark under the bridge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts