Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just opened the menu at Fishermans Inn, KI, and in BOLD print... "Wild Hook and Line Caught Rockfish'.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
This is what I found on the DNR website...... is this accurate?

Bass, Striped
Bay
Hook & Line 18" - 36" Jun 7 - Nov 30
Mon thru Thu
1,500 lb/weekly-500 lb/licensee/day - No more than 4 persons/boat
2 crew/licensee. Check in 3 hours after trip or by 9:00 pm day of harvest OR by 9:00 am the following day
Permit and flag required.
Call 1-800-999-2800 for season updates

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Just opened the menu at Fishermans Inn, KI, and in BOLD print... "Wild Hook and Line Caught Rockfish'.
Jim - I looked at the "On-line" menu and "every" entry "title" is BOLD print

Below is what I "think" you read.....

Chesapeake Bay Hook & Line Caught Rockfish Fillet (Local Striped Bass)
Choose your style ~ batter dipped & crisply fried, pan-seared with cajun spices or simply broiled 21.99
Potato crusted with lobster sherry cream add $1

Jw - It this some kinda "Big" deal? I mean the crabbing season also ended 2 months ago but they are still advertising ....

Maryland Crab Cakes
Our own recipe, prepared daily, fried or broiled 24.99

Do you know when the Carolina Dolphin season closed?...(don't google it)

Carolina Mahi Mahi
Pan-seared over fried green tomatoes, topped with country ham and creamed corn gravy 18.99

Also wondering..... Why are you are posting this in the "Chesapeake Angler" forum? Just trying to "get a rise"?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Fisherman's has their own charter boat and a commercial license. Have seen them on many occasions with a Hook & Line flag up. I'm sure they put plenty of filets in the freezer before the season ended. As a side note - ate there Friday night and my wife and I both ordered the stuffed lobster tails - IT WAS GROSSLY OVERCOOKED AND BARELY EDIBLE. The table next to us were regulars and had the same problem. They deducted PART of the entree' from the bill and made some excuses about it being the first night running the special and having to get the "bugs" worked out on the cooking! Not good!

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
C- Hawk - This has been a topic of discussion for a few weeks and I stated that didn't really think that restaurants would advertise that fish were hook and line caught but I was wrong.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The waitress had taken the menu so I was going by memory and it did not say wild but does say hook and line. Just curious if that is a recent addition to the verbiage. Francis stated that hook and line fish are preferred by restaurants and he was once working on a h&l workboat.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
You are Required By Law to have the Tag off that fish till it is CONSUMED --

1 - 11 of 11 Posts