Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went kayaking on the Wye River along with 5 other members of the Chesapeake Women Anglers. Richard Tiley guided us to different areas to fish around the island. We were fly fishing in about 7 to 10 feet of water using small Chartreuse Clousers tied by Richard. We caught three rockfish (21, 20, and 15) along with some small perch. The 20" broke off while we were trying to find a stringer, since the largest cooler we had was a small sixpack size. But we were ready when the 21" hit my line. Great day of fishing and fresh rockfish for dinner!!!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Whenever I drive on Rt. 50 out there, I always wonder about the fishing in that area. Sounds like it's worth a road trip. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not all members - most of us Saltwater Gals take spinning gear on every saltwater trip. I didn't get anything on the bottom rig I was drifting while I was flyfishing. I would love to make another trip back to the Wye River before it gets too cold for my sit-on kayak.
ML

·
Registered
63 Posts
I betcha you could find some days all year if you invested in a dry suite and some waterproof gloves and picked your days:thumbup: Let me know if you plan to make it back out to the Wye...may join you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts