Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left South River yesterday about 8am. Looked like there was a cicada flopping on the water every 10 ft. Ran by TPL for a few casts with no luck. Ran over to Poplar to cast at the rocks.

Have not fished there since early last year and it keeps changing. Now there is a channel on the northwest side between the rocks thats goes inside to what looked like a big drainage pond. There are signs warning of submerged rocks but none saying keep out. Entrance was about 12 ft deep but the new area is not on my chart so didnt want to venture in there without knowing depth. Casted along the western jetty. Caught several unders and a 13.5 inch white perch. Perch hit a 4.5 inch paddle tail. Never bothered with citations before but may look into it for the perch.

Since all I had in the cooler was the big perch decided to go back to the river try casting for more. At my normal shallow water perch spots I was only catching little ones on my spinner. Wonder if the bigger perch are filling up on all these cicadas flopping on the water?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good report. I know the spot you speak of at Poplar. I went there last August and caught only rockfish in that same area. I also did not venture to far into that basin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts