Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pros: recs can have them ALL!

Cons: not the most effective, income will be lost, stripers will still be caught in nets but wasted because they cant be sold, takes away individual access for striper for those that dont or cant fish

personally, I think GF for stripers is a load of **** for greedy elitists. there are much better, effective ways of handling this. simply eliminating the smaller sector is not the answer, imo. I would support a moratorium over GF status.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Pros: recs can have them ALL!

Cons: not the most effective, income will be lost, stripers will still be caught in nets but wasted because they cant be sold, takes away individual access for striper for those that dont or cant fish

personally, I think GF for stripers is a load of **** for greedy elitists. there are much better, effective ways of handling this. simply eliminating the smaller sector is not the answer, imo. I would support a moratorium over GF status.
Ditto what he said.
There are way to many of them to have only gamefish status.
They should be more tightly regulated and enforced on the commercial side , and more tightly enforced on the recreational side, IMO.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
The solution would be to come with regulations that make sense and protect a fish whose survival and breeding ability has been poorly accessed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts