Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to give the Rock fishing in NC one last shot today. Left Lynnhaven at 0600 headed south. It was a little more bumpy than I had expected but managible. Got to False Cape and saw several bee hives going off but no fish under them. This happened several times on the way to the COE pier. We blew on past it, headed to the general area of the Wright Memorial where I had had some success a few weeks ago. By the time we got to the 3 mile line it was rough as heck. I began to think that maybe I should have slept in. We headed back in shore where we picked up a 29" dink on a blind troll. It didn't look to fishy so we decided to head back north where we had left the bunker earlier. I had a hunch that maybe the fish were in deeper water so we headed to the 3 mile line off of the 2nd water tower south of the Corrolla Light. The Gannets wer going off big time and it was looking fishy. Unfortunately, just as we were getting set up a commercial trawler runs right throught the middle of the bee hive. I figured it was over when the screen light up with one of the biggest schools of Striper I'd ever seen. We had several doubles and one triple and limited out by 2 PM. We then caught some on light tackle jigging. What I thought would be a skunk was great day. Saw a bunch of hump back whales to. Made 35 back to Lynnhaven. Great day on the water. The fish are still there. You just have to work for them.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks for the report. Tried to move up the plan up from Sat to today but no one could take off. Hope to get on them Monday though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks for the report and you sticking it out.

Evan.

Fishing from the Norfolk Canyon to the Gulf of Mexico aboard the GW 330 Express DAWGONIT

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
way to hunt em down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts