Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out again Thursday 10:am to fish the Bay Bridge, found lots of breaking dinks just north of bridge but no good marks under them. Went back to bridge to work the piers. I fished the same rig that I had good luck with just two days ago and found no takers. (white 1/2oz jig, white BKD) Switched to Specialized bait (The Bug) white 1/2oz. with a Z-man Electric Chicken 3in. This was the ticket for the day. I was fishing the piers between the channels and fishing deep ( 40 to 50ft.) First in the cooler was a clean 25in. rock with a quick hookup on a 22in. It was still early so wanted to try more piers for some C&R. Total for the day was two in the cooler and nine (over 20in.) released. There were a few dinks and small blues mixed in, and it was one keeper per pier with the exception of one that I picked up a fish on every pass, another fisherman called over to ask how I was doing I showed him my 25in.rock and told him what I was doing, and said,: I would move away from this spot if he wanted to give it a try? I don't know how he did, but after drifting away I looked back and it looked like he was getting ready with his net with a fish on.
A question: When you are fishing C&R at the bridge do the fish you released go back to the pier you caught them on?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got out again Thursday 10:am to fish the Bay Bridge, found lots of breaking dinks just north of bridge but no good marks under them. Went back to bridge to work the piers. I fished the same rig that I had good luck with just two days ago and found no takers. (white 1/2oz jig, white BKD) Switched to Specialized bait (The Bug) white 1/2oz. with a Z-man Electric Chicken 3in. This was the ticket for the day. I was fishing the piers between the channels and fishing deep ( 40 to 50ft.) First in the cooler was a clean 25in. rock with a quick hookup on a 22in. It was still early so wanted to try more piers for some C&R. Total for the day was two in the cooler and nine (over 20in.) released. There were a few dinks and small blues mixed in, and it was one keeper per pier with the exception of one that I picked up a fish on every pass, another fisherman called over to ask how I was doing I showed him my 25in.rock and told him what I was doing, and said,: I would move away from this spot if he wanted to give it a try? I don't know how he did, but after drifting away I looked back and it looked like he was getting ready with his net with a fish on.
A question: When you are fishing C&R at the bridge do the fish you released go back to the pier you caught them on?
Thanks for the report, nice work.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,701 Posts
Thanks for the report

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.