Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my buddies Gene and Paul aboard the Changes Made today. We had hopes of a run to the triangles to load up on some Seabass and maybe a big bluefish, but scrapped that plan as soon as we cleared Little Creek Inlet at 7:15...just a bit too rough for a 35 mile run. Plan B was rockfish and Plan C was togs. Our first stop was the tube between the first and second. We were marking plenty of fish, but without a whole lot of current they were reluctant to bite. The guys did manage to jig up 3 nice schoolies up to 26" and stopped at that, hoping for some bigger fish later in the day when the tide picked up.

We made our way over toward the Hi Rise to set up for Togs. We caught the very last of the ebb and fished through the start of the flood, having to make a few adjustments when the tide began to change. It started pretty slow and a little frustrating, as we donated quite a bit of lead to the fish gods. Well, the dinner bell finally rang and the bite was hot for about an hour. We managed 7 nice togs with the biggest just shy of 7lbs. Neither one of these guys had ever caught togs and they really enjoyed it.

With the tide starting to flood, we rigged some eels on 3-ways and began to cruise the pilings looking for a few over slot fish. Did that for about an hour or so, but it just wasn't happening for us unfortunately. I figured we could jig up the rest of our limit of smaller fish now that the tide was running so we headed back to the tube between the 3rd & 4th. When we got there the birds were working oceanside, so we had some run & gun lite tackle action to finish the day.

All in all, a great day with alot of action and plenty of meat with good friends...We'll get the big ones next time.

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
S & T Report!

Nice going guys. Looks like lots of fish for the freezer!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Way to go man!! Nice box of fish!!

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Sweet, I'll have to try your plan c if the wind lays down Monday. Need some new meat in the frig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts