Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on yak fishing the Rocky Point/HMI area tomorrow. Plan on launching at the jet-ski ramp at 8:30AM.

http://resources.co.ba.md.us/Documents/Recreation/rocky_point/rockyareamap.pdf

I've never fished this area so I'm not really sure what to expect. Any advice would be appreciated[grin].

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

Rod

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fishing Rod I missed your post Friday night. Let me know how you did at Rocky Point I would like to try that area out sometime. Have you been tried Sandy Point recently?
Kevin

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin, I didn't make it out today. The wind forecast did not look good
so I decided to cancel my trip.

I haven't been to SPSP recently. I'll let you know next time I decide to splash the yak in the B-more area.

I'm thinking about hitting the Severn or the Magothy tomorrow afternoon. However, the wind forecast looks even worse for tomorrow. So if I go I'll probably will have to find a protected creek.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Have any of you tried launching your kayaks at the Gunpowder State Park Marina on the Dundee??? Theres a free launch site there for kayaks/canoes located just a few 100 feet from the pay ramp. I've been there several times to launch with other people in their boats. We'd never fish there but would go out into the open Bay. Nearly all the shoreline visible from the launch is undeveloped. Lots of very tall grasses (6 feet tall or more) growing all along the shoreline well out into the water. Looks extremely fishy but I have never taken my canoe there... only launched motor boats.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howard, I haven't tried the Dundee creek yet. But it's on my list of places to go in the B-more area. I've heard of people catching some nice LM Bass in that area. But I imagine there would be some Stripers in the creek too, especially this time of year.

If I don't head over to the Eastern Shore later this week I may give the Dundee a shot.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Biggie, my brother and I are heading over to the eastern shore to kayak fish the Honga River on Friday. You are more than welcome to join us.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
I used to jig some nice trout at Bentlys.I read there's some Specs up in the shallows.I know you"ll get into breaking Rock for sure.Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rod, have you check the weather yet? They are calling for rain and I'm not sure how windy it will be. Where is honga river anyways?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts