Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to pin down lure depth. Got a good idea of weight to use and general depth. My question is basically; how do you figure rod height into equation. planers are easy. Boat rod are about 8-9 feet above water. Bridge lines 2 long and a spoon are are 16 ft up. I use 3 and 4 0z and 180 length so I am curious about how to adjust. Boat rods are entering water about 20 ft back and bridge rods 50?ft back. So I use what I figure to be in the water, not the air, as the length/weight ratio for lure depth.
Am I over thinking this? Can you tell I am ready to get out there?
Btw, Bloody point from 1-3 yesterday. Did not see any marks on the screen. Thanks, See ya Saturday! JC

·
Registered
589 Posts
from my perspective, rod height is affected by the line length. Rod height is no longer a factor once line hits water & affects distance before line touches water. All are affected by boat speed relative to current and length of line. I wouldn't worry about rod height.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lou funny,Sitting inside what else can you do? It is a right triangle. so c=sq root of (a sq. + b sq.) so 16 ft tall at a distance of 100 ft means let out 101.27 ft. of line. Thanks for the answer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts