Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out tonight picking up some things that I needed to swap out my drags on a pair of 30VSWs. Next to the penn reel grease that I needed was a bottle of Penn Rod & Reel Cleaner w/ Corrosion Inhibitors. Figured it was only $8 what the heck I'll give it a try. Man does this stuff work awesome. It comes in a spray bottle and needs to be applied with a rag. This stuff is like furniture oil, goes on real heavy and then you wipe it off with a seperate rag. My reels look better than the day I took them out of the box. We'll just have to see how it holds up to saltwater once the time comes. If any of you guys have used this before let me know how it holds up. And if the stuff you're using now doesn't work, might want to give this stuff a shot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have never been fond of Reel Magic, just continued to use it b/c I could never find anything else.

Fifty Fifty, can pick it up at Boater's World but I'm sure West Marine carries it also.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Thanks;

Ive used reel saver and it was ok.. I now use liquid wrench dry lube spray on my reels after I washen down real well...spray the rod guides too. anything helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts