Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a fly rod repaired locally (Baltimore/Annapolis)?

I snapped the bottom section in half about 2" below the connection to the middle section. :mad: It is one of BPS's two-seventy series fly rods. They said I cannot just buy the bottom section but would have to send it in for repair. I would rather just drop it off somewhere local if that is the case. They said it was only under 1 year warranty. I really cannot believe I cannot buy the bottom section.

Thanks,

Mike Norton

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mike,
I'm going to the meeting tonight, I can bring it if you want. Bill does good work. I haven't snapped any rods yet, but he's replaced a number of guides on a few of my rods. And his rates are very reasonable.

Crazy new pickerel rod? Now I'm curious.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got off the phone with Larry over at the BPS fly shop and he said to stop by and see what he can do for me. I don't have the receipt but got it for Christmas last year (which means it is barely over the 1 year mark). If he can't help me out then I will def. check into this guy. I see he is in Grasonville so that is a short hop over to him!

Thanks for all the info fellas!

Mike

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife just called all upset. A Tractor-Trailer merged ontop of her on rt. 100 and busted up the car pretty good, but she is alright. I say this because she was on her way to talk with BPS about my broken rod before going to work (yeah I feel like an @$$ right now). Yeah, his insurance is expired too.

She called to say she was alright and was still going to try and get the rod worked out. :eek:
Now if that is not one wonderful person I don't know what is. I told her to just go home and I will take care of it another day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.