Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tfer's

need a few ideas for rod stowage to and from the fishing grounds.... Have left the rods on the floor of the boat, in the back of the truck...and always seem to damage a rod or 2. Any idea's????

Shawn F

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of boat?
Francis, It's a 22' cc. I seen your latest project and that was cool.... I don't even own 67 rods.... I'm looking for something I can stand them up in transit in the back of my truck

Sf

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I remember seeing a post a ways back from someone who mounted rod holders to a hitch hauler. It looked like it would work great.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Shawn, if it's for the back of your truck, you could get pretty creative......one Idea would be to build a rail system that ran from one side of the bed to the other up by the cab.....you could have it tie into the square holes on top of the bed or make bracket that could be installed inside of your bed...you could use 1" square tubing and then use 1 1/2 pipe stock cut down to rod holder lenths......weld or nut and bolt the tubes to the 1" square rail and viola. Aluminum would be nice but steel would would be cheeper.....just keep a good coat of quality paint on it. Without seeing your truck, its hard to give specifics but if you were anywhere near Pasadena, I could take a look and give you some clues......If you wanted to build it out of steel, I could do all the welding for you and you could use all my tools and fabricate it at my house. I build alot of my own treestands and I can show you a duck blind that I built for my boat out of steel, and how well it has held up.

Bill

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shawn, if it's for the back of your truck, you could get pretty creative......one Idea would be to build a rail system that ran from one side of the bed to the other up by the cab.....you could have it tie into the square holes on top of the bed or make bracket that could be installed inside of your bed...you could use 1" square tubing and then use 1 1/2 pipe stock cut down to rod holder lenths......weld or nut and bolt the tubes to the 1" square rail and viola. Aluminum would be nice but steel would would be cheeper.....just keep a good coat of quality paint on it. Without seeing your truck, its hard to give specifics but if you were anywhere near Pasadena, I could take a look and give you some clues......If you wanted to build it out of steel, I could do all the welding for you and you could use all my tools and fabricate it at my house. I build alot of my own treestands and I can show you a duck blind that I built for my boat out of steel, and how well it has held up.

Bill
Bill,

Thanks for the offers..... I'm not to far from pasadena, Just on the other side of the Key Bridge...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts