Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered 2 roller tips from Amazon , neither one was size I ordered, one was way to big the other was very small ( I ordered 2 of same item) I do not plan to order rod supplies from them again.
What supplier do you use? (I just ordered from Mudhole)

Size was somewhat unclear. some makers Use mm. Others go by 64's of inch. Some just had numbers..
Is size 09-- 9/64" ?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I know Wilcox Bait & Tackle will do it in NN. Grafton Fishing Supply might also. It might be worth the trip. I don't know your neck of the woods. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think there is a new rod repair shop opened in Gloucester Point in the Tidemill strip mall, where A&S Feed used to be. I haven't been in there but saw the sign. Will look again this evening when we go out and by there.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Bishops Tackle on RT 17 about 1 mile north of I-64 builds custom rods and does repair. Which reminds me I need to get a new tip eye on one of my rods.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called Grafton, they said they need to see rod, to see if they have a roller tip to fit forgot to ask them if they do other repairs..
Bishops is not to much further away.
J&W uses someone in Gloucester point. Need to find him..

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, Mudhole shipped very fast! I am supposed to get tips Monday.
Free shipping for 4th of July.. (I missed it!)
Thanks for all replies, I hope to put roller tips on all my favorite trolling rods.

Have a good 4th ! Stay safe..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts