Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I wanted to post this as it was brought up before by fischadler, but because of licensing, the pictures couldn't be posted until the magazine was released. Well, it is and here you go!
Rodmaker is a worldwide publication that reaches about 60,000 rodbuilders. Needless to say, its like making the cover of SI!! I have developed a process for wrapping shell Mother of Pearl around a rod blank and its one that no one else has been able to figure out until now!!! Very exciting for me to say the least. I hope everyone is having a productive fall and looking forward to a productive winter at the tunnel. Jeez this year is flying by, it will be Christmas before we know it!!!:yes:

Tight lines.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Those are too nice to fish with - works of art :thumbup:.

I prefer the well worn look with a speck of blood :D.

Congrats on the cover- bet you will be swapped with Christmas orders :yes:.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
They are some pretty rods. I love the look!! Congratulations on the recognition. You deserve it.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I've sung your praises on this technique before, and having seen some of your MOP work in person I can only say I will continue to covet those beautiful beautiful beautiful rods. Kudos on your success and I hope you are swamped with christmas orders!

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
WTG! Kevin...
may your in-box be filled with Christmas orders!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Flatliner's Rodmaker Recognition

Congratulations Kevin. All your hard work is paying off.
Here is a picture of a Live Lining rod Kevin and Bill O'Brien made earlier this summer.
Kevin applied his Abalone technique for this unique and extremely functional spinning rod.
der Fischadler
p.s. The reel is a Fin-Nor MegaLite 4000. The rod is great but the jury is still out on this reel's performance.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I came on to edit and saw all these replies! THANKS!!! I wanted to add that if you are interested, take a look at the Rodbuilding forum on Tidalfish. There are a lot of great rod pictures from many rodbuilders on there. Take a look.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Congratulations Kev!! I remember the first time you showed those rods to me...Pretty work!! I guess by now you have as many rods as you do Iland Lures....How many Ilanders did you leave with....Half the display is gone:D

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
They are works of art!Over the years I have built rods for friends and family,but nothing I have built even comes close to them rods,sir you are a master.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
They are beautiful. I just had a regular rod broken in two by someone other than me. If it had been one of those homicide detectives might have been involved.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Not sure I'd want to invest in one of these to fish with since I have problems in beating the snot out of my gear. They are certainly beautiful works of art. Would love to see more pics...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are beautiful. I just had a regular rod broken in two by someone other than me. If it had been one of those homicide detectives might have been involved.
Actually with a custom rod, they come with a no questions asked warrenty. So, if your friend breaks your rod, we break HIS leg, no questions asked.

Seriously, with our warrenty, if your rod breaks for whatever reason while fighting a fish, it gets replaced...... No questions asked.

You should get that when you spend your good money for a rod.

Kevin

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will post up some pictures when I get a chance. Or, you can go to the rodbuilding page and take a gander. The page is here on tidalfish. Another option is to go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and do a search for my page (kevinknox) and you can see hundreds of pictures of my work, all segmented into catagories by type of fishing.

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts