Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could never figure this out.

Republicans are against abortion and for capital punishment. Democrats are for for abortion and against capital punishment. Wouldn't you think one side would be for killing and one side would be for living?

I think any woman, for any reason, should have access to an abortion. I also think capital punishment should be within one year of the crime, at the max. I don't know what the hell I am....[smile]

jocobe

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ray Nagin, the mayor of New Orleans, was asked his views on Roe vs. Wade.

He said he didn't care how people got back to their houses.[grin]

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I agree with djones. Frequently I have used the term "ditto-heads" to describe those individuals who will vote the "party line" regardless of what that line may be. They are apologists for the party in power regardless of the actions of that party and the overall effect those actions may have on the United States of America. My friends are from both parties. They, like myself, have negative and positive opinions on issues. They are my friends as their opinions are thought through and not just rubber-stamped because they belong to one party or the other.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Ditto Head=Follower.
They are usually the smartest, most educated people, or the dumbest ignorant people. Both groups have problems thinking for themselves.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:
I could be wrong but I doubt that any of you who support abortion would propose that we (or mothers) be allowed to kill babies a week after birth because they were a financial burden, were unloved, made the mother ill, or were just inconvenient. How about an hour after? How about just 1 minute?

That brings us to the heart of the whole matter. How can one decide that a time period of one minute, one hour or one week makes one of these babies (look at the pictures) more or less a human being. If you are arrogant enough to make that decision just before the baby leaves the womb, why not extend your arrogance another minute or so and decide then that the baby is unworthy of respect for human life. By what logic does "tissue" become human life in a twinkling.

For man to decide that there is, and when there is, a point in time, past conception, that humanity begins is the ultimate arrogance. Until very recently our society refused to make such a distinction. It was made easy for us by a 5-4 decision of the U.S. Supreme Court. How convincing.
[/Q]

I think that either parents right to abort a fetus should extend until the "fetus" is 21 years old.

Cosby had it right - - - -

"I brought you into this world - - - I'll take you out - - - make another one that looks just like you ! "

Lacking that right - - - - life begins at conception

1 - 9 of 9 Posts