Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fish Hawg is praying for nicer weather this weekend. Would like to get out and give it another go this weekend. Who's in ? Give us a shout on 68. Or Bmail us B4 Friday afternoon as we lose our connection to the interweb at the fishing house.

Test picture
Trying out new Idea

If these pictures make it I'll be :clapping2:

Good luck this weekend

·
Registered
843 Posts
Garry, Pictures look good. Not sure if I will be fishing. Only will be making a long day trip from now on since I winterized my "Little House".
I will be picking better days to get out to fish. Good Luck to you guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice fish

Wow nice fish man..Were these caught this year? Where about were you guys? Im planning on trying my luck with the old man this weekend. Any pointers on locations, lures/weights would help. Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, 08' fishes.. We fish out of what I call the middle bay. Mouth of the potomac From Green can #9 in the potomac, to smith point lighthouse, to the target ship, up the bay to about 72A. I don't know what to tell you about fishing this weekend. Water surface temp has dropped a few of degrees the past couple days (don't know what that will do to the bite). From what I've read I would say look for some birds, bait ?? Hit "fish hawg" on 68 and we can let you know what we are doin ?
Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Across the pond from Fish Hawg

The MissFitz is going to try and follow Fish Hawg out of Flag Pond if WX and water level allows. MissFitz is thirsty, she needs about 125 gallons, does anyone have a fix on a marina with a good price for non-E10 within a reasonable drive of Smith Point?

PatO.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i paid $2.49 i think at BEST marine last weekend not sure if E10 or not you can try to pm [email protected] hes the manager there all great people to work with, also will be trying this weekend out of Saluda any idea where to try?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Unfortunately, I believe ALL gas that you find will have that water absorbing fluid in it.

If not, it is four to six months old! (or older!)

-makoman

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:confused: Looks like saturday is a blow out for the "fish Hawg". Might try sunday. And Miss Fitz I've heard some people saying that they are happy with star tron or something like that as a fuel additive. Good luck to those who brave the water. Had a friend out fishing today in a 30'er , and he's goin home tonite, tooooo dang rought . Drifting at 4.5 knots in nuetral.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'll finally be out there by Sunday. Don't know which boat yet. Will be on 68 - "Scott Ho". Might stay in river Sat afternoon if not too rough, going round PL on Sunday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Report from flag pond

As of friday 20:00 hours she's blowing a damn gale from the NW at 15-20 knots sustained, gusts to 30. Water levels are high to my surprise, but not much use.

I knew the last holdouts of ethanol-free gas were all gone but wanted to see if there were any I didn't know about, for the winterize fill-up.

The new marine formula of Sta-Bil promises some form of ethanol protection but the mechanics I've talked to say the jury's still out.

It is, however, double-concentrated so you will save money right there on the big bottle, enough to treat 320 gals.

MissFit in Chief

·
Registered
20 Posts
No E10

No ethanol at Chesapeake Boat Basin marina -- Indian Creek off Fleets Bay in Kilmarnock. Don't know if their prices have come down to a good price yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts