Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am closer IR than OC, think i'll try the jetties at IR and if they dont work maybe head to OC...Hopefully see some rock on my way down. What kinda tide you looking for to catch these buggers?? Never done it before (tog) ...sounds like an over/under rig...need to get tot he bottom so whatever lead you need and some green crab? Doesnt sound any differtnt than flounder in the summer???

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
The tog have been biting a little better on the out going tide of late . For your rig a regular top and bottom rig tied with 40lb mono , 2/0 or 3/0 hooks baited with green crab or whatever crab you can get your hands on will do the trick .

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Mike, sorry you didn't fair better. Did you notice the water temp and was anyone catching stripers?
Water temps were in the the low 50's in the ocean but 40's in the bay . Saw a lot of boats striper fishing but didn't see any caught . We made the mistake of leaving a half way decent tog bite on a nearby wreck to head back to a few spots I know in the bay . The colder temps have moved the tog out to the ocean in my opinion . We couldn't even buy a bite at the tip of the south jetty .

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Was at the family gathering last evening when my step brother gets a call from one of his fishing buddies who says he got 6 rock between 30"-36" yesterday at Little Gull. No other details. Coastal Fisherman seems to confirm they are at that location as well. I imagine that area will be covered up today and tomorrow with the Black Sunday tournament going on. Good to see that there are still some rock around but dang if I ain't always chasing reports....day late and doller short. Sorry Bernie....not sure we'd be able to get out today anyway.....buoy off DE reporting 5ft + waves right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts