Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading the board for for last few weeks. I'm on the beginning side of the learning curve and still have along way to go. Reading all of the posts and a few buddies with advice have helped quite a bit. Trolled once in the spring out of SP. Skunk Was out 2 weeks ago down at BreezyPoint. Skunk. Went out of matapeake last weekend (sat) and picked up a nice 36" down off of BloodyP. Made my day. caught that on a 9' chartruse umbrella right on the 40' line and just north of light. Still learning so not sure how deep. +- 30' down??? Might be out sunday if wind stays down. I'm the guy in the key west 17cc so only see me on the real calm days

Right now, can't say that I'm gonna be passing on a whole lot of good info, just really wanted to thank all for the great posts. When I do put some fish on the boat, you all will know. Again, really helping me out and gets me all jazzed up and thinking about the next time I can get out.

Heading down to R Inlet next Tuesday. Hope to have some pics and a good post upon my return.

BW

·
Registered
624 Posts
Im out there in a 17cc as well. Best thing about it is you can trailer it anywhere. But it does get cold out there!

·
Registered
762 Posts
CC guys

I've been out in a 20' CC. It's not too bad if it isn't raining and you have all your winter gear on. Wondering whether this will be my last weekend this season though. It took a couple of years of trial and error and good tips on TF before I felt like I had a clue about what to do at different times of year, but my buddy and I have been doing a lot more catching and less wishing this year. HOing has also been very helpful.

Grizzdog:
Not sure what the plan is this weekend, but we may end up going out on a friends boat. If we go out on my boat you're welcome to join us at Buzz's if you bring your ED boards! Just pmail me if you want.

·
Registered
502 Posts
we are fishing a 204c w/bimini and its not exactly enclosed and heated comfort either. We can fish some pretty good chop though and as long as you are dressed for the occasion its not an issue right up to Dec 31. I really like the shot of 40+ degree water coming over the bow and wacking you in the snout when you are running. Helps keep you awake and reminds you that you are still alive and fishing for big rock:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Brian, you revealed some info in your report above that is very valuable. If people take that and combine it with some other recent reports, they should know where to find some good fishing. Welcome to the board. You're already passing along good info.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome aboard, I am a rookie also that has gleaned much information on this site. Most of the people are ready to help in any way possible!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Rookie welcome to the board. I've learned a lot from the TF's on the board but have a loooong way to go.:D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good report. I think I have seen you out there. Im in a 21 whaler red T-top. Give me a shout if you want to fish.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Welcome aboard Brian.
:clapping2::D

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Brian; In order to receive PM (private mail, sometimes called BM...boat mail or board mail...by oldtimers here), you have to turn on the ability on your TF account. The default on new accounts has this set to no.

Here are the instructions (copied Brandon's instructions from the TF HELP forum)

You can make the change in your User Control Panel (User CP).
1) Access your User Control Panel.
Your User CP can be accessed one of two ways for your convenience
a) via the "Account Info" link at the top of all Tidal Fish pages, just below the header
b) via the User CP link in the upper left hand side of the page of the message board pages

2) Click the “Edit Options” link on the left hand side of your User CP page
3) Check or un-check the option to receive email from other users under the Messaging & Notification section on the page.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Welcome aboard Brian, and I can guarantee you will find some good information and meet a lot of great guys on here. Best of luck down South, I’ll be down there the 27th and 28th and I can’t wait.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Brian -

The guys here are great! :thumbup:

HO'ed with a couple and learned a tons!

Been at it a little over a year and I've been catching fish.

I ask lots of questions (some good, some dumb - I have a lot to learn) but TF'ers are good answering both.

Welcome aboard - Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the PM. Was not aware. My kids are computer literate and their dads still learning.

Thanks to all with the posts and offers. Did not see that coming and is a compliment to all on the board. Next time I head out, will be in touch. Too much wind for the 17cc this weekend. Had an offer to be at M&T stadium tomorrow and could not pass up. Since I will be down at R Inlet on Tuesday, I'll get my fix then.

Good luck to those out there this weekend.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts