Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the barn at 0700 with my dad, Rob, and girlfriend Christine on saturday and had a suprisingly calm ride across the bay to CC...Set out lines at 0815 or so and began the first drit...Nothing on the first two drifts, and then moved a bit further north for the 3rd drift...Set out lines again and then had our first run, that didnt come tight. Set back up and again line goes screaming and fish throws the hook after 2 minutes...$HiT! couldnt beleive we lost our 2nd run but we hung in there and then the third run came tight...Christine boats a 38 to 39 incher and in th box it goes...Robs up next and gets a fish to the boat and the leader breaks!...Next run rob nails the coffin shut on the fish and puts a slot fish in the cockpit which was quickly released...At this point the weather got plum nasty. Sporty wouldnt even describe it. So we picked up and an back across the bay to Poquoson... It was a long and rough day crossing the bay, but we got to fight a couple of decent fish...Not our best day out, but with the weather i was content just watching the girlfriend land a nice rockfish.

Now just waiting for the weather to clear up and ill be out at it again.

Capt. Jordan
Urchinsea

·
Registered
12 Posts
I talked to your Dad last night at the party. He showed me your grilfreind's Rockfish. Pretty nice fish:bigfish:, Sorry to hear that she had a ruff trip out and back. Take care

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not our best day, but we made the best of what we were given...and got to make the girlfriend's mom happy, by sending her home with a nice bag of rockfish!

Cpt. Jordan

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
sounds like a good day. got ask you about the abreviation "cc" if that means cape charles then was your slot fish under 28"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts