Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent about 5 hours on the bay today. The first 4 1/2 were a total waste of time. Trolled south of TPL and along the eastern shore with no success. Wind and waves were crazy and we were taking a beating so after 4 hours we'd had enough. We decided to call is quits and headed back to the South River. We get right at the mouth of the river and the birds were going nuts. We decided to toss out a couple of chartreuse BKDs and see what would happen. In less then 30 minutes we pulled in these 4 little puppies. We caught a 19", 20", 27", and 28 1/2" then headed on home. It was a rough day but at least it ended well.

Today's catch

Cooking
The chef frying them up!

Eating our catch!
...and of course the best part is eating them! Nothing like fresh fish.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Good job on the catchin, looks like a good feast.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Birds are the best for sure........gotta love that LTJing....thanks for the report....

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Some times you want to kick yourself for running all over the place then finding fish near home. You guys were rewarded for your perseverence on a rough day.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Thanks for the report. I dont think I will get out until next tuesday due to work and family obligations but obviously I will have to run a bit south...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How did you fry them?
We mixed up some eggs and cream and dropped in the fillets. Then we took the wet fillets and rolled them in a mixture of pepper, salt, old bay, and flour. Then we fried them up in a hot skillet of real butter and they were awesome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok..so what you're saying is jigging out caught trolling......hmmm:yes::rolleyes::D
It did on this day. It's also a heck of a lot more fun to catch them on the lighter tackle. We had a blast. I can't wait to get out there and freeze my butt off again.:D

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It did on this day. It's also a heck of a lot more fun to catch them on the lighter tackle. We had a blast. I can't wait to get out there and freeze my butt off again.:D
Amen brother. We're heading out tomorrow and nothing but like sticks onboard. It's either hero or zero.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts