Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
could it be that not many people are catching much, or they get blasted when they do??

I have been out a few times over the last week or two and not seen anyone bring anything in the boat other than oyster toads, skates and croaker.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We'll be blasting reports very shortly to the Live Leaderboard when the tourney begins 12:00 noon sharp on Wed, July 27th. I can see many of our registered anglers are beginning to keep catch reports close to the chest. Very typical leading into a tourney.

I am also suspicious of any report that is not vetted and qualified leading into tourneys. Dis-information typically abounds.

Joe posts . . .

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plenty being caught, everyone uses Facebook now.
Just one of the many sites ......... https://m.facebook.com/IFishVA/
The IFISHVA site is mostly charter boats reports and advertisements. Yes, they catch fish, but 99% of day-to-day anglers cannot run offshore to fish. There are some good private reports from time to time as well, but not many.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I have not been posting reports as much as forum seems to have died.
I am thinking of moving on completely..!!?? have enjoyed another site but not as well as this one when more were posting. Other places have just to many people fishing areas I do not, fishing has nothing in common.. (Plus yankee jerks)
I have a few friends that keep tellin me to join facebook, to me-- first it was just a kid thing ... But I may have to join the "new " stuff and bite the bullet.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
I don't care who is catching and reporting, if they are there and biting that's all the info needed.
IFISHVA posts anything they can find be it charters or private, tournaments, etc. A bunch of mine have been shared there. Going tomorrow.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Part of the problem is the home page...new owners? The latest fishing report is from April 29th. Lot happened since then...getting blasted is part of the problem as well. Sort of sad...been on this site since WWA days nearly 20 years ago.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I enjoy reading fishing reports on tidal fish and would love to add reports of my own. My problem is that for the past couple of years the summaries of my reports would be that most weekends I have fished for flounder and the only thing we have caught has been small Croaker. Occasionally we'll get in the shallows to see if any speckled trout or puppy drum are around. So far, they're not. Fishing the York River, York Spit and occasionally mobjack bay. I should probably switch over to cobra and Spanish mackerel fishing. I need to learn new species and methods.

I'm sure it's frustrating for those who post good reports regularly. I thank all who do post. I enjoy reading them and I hope to be able to post my own catching reports soon. When I read a good fishing report, I keep thinking,"it's possible", which keeps me going back out there. Thanks all and please keep posting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new to fishing. Been fishing for 4 years now. Still enjoy catching croaker, dogfish, whatever jumps on my hook. Caught a total of 3 Cobia. Maybe a dozen small striper And about the same puppy drum. I enjoy learning and have enjoyed the pictures and tips on this site. I don't usually post because I don't feel like somebody ripping my catch or my question. Doesn't always happen of course but it only takes a couple to ruin it for the many just like everything else in this world. Even if I commented on somebody else's post. If I say something about the huge Cobia somebody caught and call the thing a slob, i certainly don't need somebody like gradymania tearing what I said apart and making me feel like a schmuck. I didn't make any comments on that thread. But it sticks out in my mind that things like that happen on here. Thanks for the people still posting great pictures, reports, and tips on here though. I still enjoy reading people's posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I will give a report... fished the last few days for cobia got into them pretty good fishing various locations around the bay lots of rats this year guess thats good cause since everyone thinks they are extinct if you look you will find them. Tried flounder at the 3rd and 1st with nothing to show for it. Switched to spades they were on fire at the 3rd island ocean side no big secret there using clams in 20ft of water. Havent been able to buy a puppy drum bite anywhere inside lynnhaven this year and finally all the spanish you want off of the cape 00 silver spoons with 2 oz inline sinkers. Go get em.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I'm new to fishing. Been fishing for 4 years now. Still enjoy catching croaker, dogfish, whatever jumps on my hook. Caught a total of 3 Cobia. Maybe a dozen small striper And about the same puppy drum. I enjoy learning and have enjoyed the pictures and tips on this site. I don't usually post because I don't feel like somebody ripping my catch or my question. Doesn't always happen of course but it only takes a couple to ruin it for the many just like everything else in this world. Even if I commented on somebody else's post. If I say something about the huge Cobia somebody caught and call the thing a slob, i certainly don't need somebody like gradymania tearing what I said apart and making me feel like a schmuck. I didn't make any comments on that thread. But it sticks out in my mind that things like that happen on here. Thanks for the people still posting great pictures, reports, and tips on here though. I still enjoy reading people's posts
Some people have a wealth of knowledge that comes with experience & many would like to learn from them , sadly as some people age, dementia and other issues that affect their thinking.
Also some people are just plain jerks.

Please do not let them ruin it for all.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just spent a few minutes scrolling thru the Facebook page. Man do I feel bad now. Report after report of awesome days of fishing. One report of 40 flounder in a trip. Great for looking at pictures but no help on where to go are what to use for bait. I miss the old Tidal Fish that use to post report's with useful information and people that really wanted to see everyone learn how to catch their target species. People think they have to keep their trip info secret. In fact you could tell someone the exact spot and the exact bait and when they go out a few days later they will catch nothing so WHY keep the information secret? I would post more if I fished more. I have not been on the water in three or four weeks now. Summer is my busiest time for my business.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
since the forum's security breach and repair, and until today, I have not been able to post reports, reply, send PM's or anything even though it said I could. I sent about 6 emails to the contact person and they just fixed it. I suspect there are a lot of regulars out there in silence and more, who are frustrated, leaving what was once an extremely valuable--and fun--resource for the lower bay. Hope it comes back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts