Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today may well have been the last trip for the Low Flying Object, the Rudow family's boat for the past six years (she's in the driveway with for sale sign, because... a slightly used 22 Glacier Bay is on the way!!) and Max made sure the streak ended in style by taking a final striper out of the shallows of the South River. This 19.5" hit a white GULP Jerk Shad cast up to rip-rap.

View attachment 11986

We also caught two or three dozen throw-backs, plus a 21" off Turkey Point. We talked with Nauti Dee, which started at Thomas point (our plan, until we saw 5 or 6 boats already there at 7:00) and they took one 23" in the shallows there plus a few throw-backs, before the high traffic volume shut off the bite. The good news: they also caught plenty of small stripers plus blues trolling in the river mouth... it's just about time for that fall river-mouth bite to get rolling, and it sounds like it may already be in gear... perhaps it'll be the first mission on the new Glacier!!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Hey thanks for the report,and I think your right about the bite,hope your new boat brings plenty fish,the GB boats are sure nice boats....Enjoy

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I am hoping those fish are still there tomorrow morning. I will throw something at them and see what I can catch.

Thanks for the report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts