Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random one. Haven't had a reason to go under the bridge in my boat since I launch at the public ramp. So wondering what the clearance is on the water, specifically whether I'd need to lower my outriggers when going under or not. 29 foot center console, but with long riggers (21 ft). I'd prefer to not be fooling with them while under way (even at low speed) or conversely raising the bridge. Thanks.

·
Registered
970 Posts
This is a guess, but 16'-17'. I can get under with rods up top in a 26' Worldcat but the antenna is too close to try, going by memory.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lance. Based on that and reading around a bit it looks like I will be lowering the riggers and antenna (or rather raising once thru) if needing to go under early, early. Not a big deal but was hoping to be able to get away with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are going early I think the bridge master shows up at 4am? you can call or radio in, its been a while but that is what we used to do.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks gents. I'd forgotten about the center rigger, which will also likely be too tall, so may as well have it all down if clearing the bridge early. Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Remember the tide can vary 3 feet plus. I'm 15 feet with antenna up and never had a problem even far left and far right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts