Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the Planer Board thing (new) this year, and addition to some scotty clips, I am going to also experiment with the rubber band/shower clip rig. What size rubber bands do you recommend for the upcoming trophy season, and what is the best way to affix them onto the shower clip. Don't want to go too small or too heavy on the rubber bands, that it will result in additional frustration. Also, what is the best line to use attaching the planer board to boa Any advice is always welcome!:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Rubber band size No. 32, you can double them up if it's real bumpy
If I had Scotties I wouldn't be using bands
Board line, weed eater string size 0.105
Hooking the boards to the boat depends on what you're going to connect them to.
To a fishing arch, piece of rope around the the arch with a loop. Connect brass clip to the end of the board line clip to rope
Good luck

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
There you go. Most of the time you want to use No32 but sometimes when it is real rough or perhaps if you are using thinner braid you will need to use No64. There is no doubt you will like the clips better, but, they are just a little more expensive.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Tough to explain the rubberband but I'll try.Let lure out however far you want.Loop the fishing line.Put the rubberband over the fishing line loop and pull the rubberband through twice.Makes a figure eight type knot that won't slip.If you go through once-the rubberband may slip.This will make the clip come towards the boat.#32 for mono and light lures.#64 for braid and heavy lures.Some rubberbands are tough to break-but most break at the strike. Skip

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use #64 rubber bands for trolling umbrellas. I just let the lure out as far as I want it and tie a larks head knot. I pass the rubber band thru to tie a second laks head knot in the rubber band. Then just put the loop of the rubber band in to the shower curtain.

You should be able to find an example of a larks head knot on the internet if you don't know how to tie one.

Good Luck Fishing!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Tough to explain the rubberband but I'll try.Let lure out however far you want.Loop the fishing line.Put the rubberband over the fishing line loop and pull the rubberband through twice.Makes a figure eight type knot that won't slip.If you go through once-the rubberband may slip.This will make the clip come towards the boat.#32 for mono and light lures.#64 for braid and heavy lures.Some rubberbands are tough to break-but most break at the strike. Skip
Thanks Skip forgot about that part of the question.
Go with the regular bands, don't buy premium. Sometimes they don't break at all. Especially with smaller fish
Have a nice day :))

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
# 32 should be enough, I put one end in the curtain clip, wrap the other end around my line 4X - 6X and then take the end that you wrapped around the line and put that on the clip and close the clip

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I'm no boards expert but I have been using longline clips on my rubber bands for my planer for a couple years. IMO they are better than any kind of clips and would prolly be pretty good on planers as well.

Bert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts