Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got to Rudee at 6:28 am. Jsuber and Rick C had already taken off and I did not know it (met up with them later in the morning). So after loading my gear I launched and headed straight for the motuh of Rudee Inlet. Had hopes of going to the rocks on the Croatan side but the surf was to big and it was not a good idea. So I fished the area just inside the inlet. Plenty of shore fisherman and all were respectful. Caught only one flounder there. After that I went back towards the launch area. I fished the entire area along the way. I ended up catching one trout and one drum. So if it were the tourney, I would have had my grand slam. But it's not the tourney. So I can only hope that I and I can duplicate that effort again on Oct 8th. I plan on fishing more over the next few weeks. I hope others can join me. Thanks again to my fishing partners for the day.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Druminator,

Since you are from out of town, I'll give you a bone. That's Rudee Inlet. Specs, pups, and flounder have all been known to reside there this time of year.

And yes, it is within the tournement boundaries!

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're so sweet [grin][grin][grin] Haha. Thanks for letting me know. I'm really liking what I'm seeing in that picture. There looks like lots of potential in that water.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would never fish there. Polluted water, lots of boat traffic, high winds, bank fisherman trying to hit you with weights, have I run you off yet. Damn. Its not a bad place to fish.

·
Registered
284 Posts
FYI, if that guy in the picture is there, THERE ARE NO FISH THERE, you would be better off fishing somewhere else. lol lol!!!!!
Chad

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not scared of polluted waters. They dumped 3.5 million gallons of poo in one of my favorite spots!

I'll make sure to keep clear of that guy so I catch fish [grin]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts