Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since we've had weather this cold!!! But those who braved the cold and ice were rewarded with one of the best days of fishing I've seen in a long time!!!!!! When we left the dock at 4:00 am. The wind was WNW about 17mph, knowing it was going to drop out as the day went on, we left the inlet. Instantly we started making ice from the spray on the port side. By the time we arrived at our first wreck.........."ICE" was going to be the word of the day!! About 4 inches of ice had accumulated on anything that was left outside. After about 30 minutes of "deicing" we were ready to start our chilly day of fishing! The first few wrecks produced a lot of really nice Sea Bass, up to about 4 lbs. 12 ozs. About 11:00 we decided to look around for Blueline Tile Fish. The wind dropped out as scheduled, the water temperature rose to 59 degrees which made steam come off the water with the cold air temperature. The conditions could not have been better!! As we looked around in a new area we found, we started marking fish. And the catching was on!! The Tile fishing was fa-nominal!! We ended the day with a record crushing 23 CITATION BLUELINE TILES!!!!!!!!! The biggest weighing in at 17 lbs.
I'd like to thank all our anglers that braved the ice and cold. It was certainly a day to remember!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice going, Skipper!

I need to get out there again on the RA, sometime! I see (think so) your ole' man (in one of the pics) came down to the docks to make sure you got 'er done!

Nice fishing...and that bottom machine pic is crazy!!!

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts