Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinkin of goin on rudee headboat this weekend to fish foe seabass. has any1 had any experience fishing with them???:confused:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Personally, I went once and would not do it again. It is kind of one of these, you get what you pay for things. Economical way to fish, so it is a good service but slow boat, and lots of tangles.

I'd rather be on one of the 6-pack boats or one of the small "head-boats" like the Jil Carrie.

For big headboat fishing, I've had some great trips on the Miss Hatteras but that is a different fishery down there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I used to work for Skip and his Dad on all of the Rudee fleet. Top notch anglers to say the least. Some of my very best friends still work on these boats and I cant say enough about the skill and the enthusiasm these guys show. I would not hesitate 1 minute to pick up and hop on the boat in fact I plan on a couple long range trips this winter! If you have any questions at all I will do my hardest to try and help you out, but like I said, absolute top notch Captains and Crew!

BTW...the Rudee head boats are some of the fastest in the head boat fleet.

757-621-5094

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I used to work for Skip and his Dad on all of the Rudee fleet. Top notch anglers to say the least. Some of my very best friends still work on these boats and I cant say enough about the skill and the enthusiasm these guys show. I would not hesitate 1 minute to pick up and hop on the boat in fact I plan on a couple long range trips this winter! If you have any questions at all I will do my hardest to try and help you out, but like I said, absolute top notch Captains and Crew!

BTW...the Rudee head boats are some of the fastest in the head boat fleet.

757-621-5094

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing
Ben,
I couldn't agree more. I too have ACTUALLY FISHED on the Rudee Angler, the Jil Carrie, and several of the smaller charter boats for seabass and other species. I also mated for a charter boat for years. All are EXCELLENT choices.

As for the Rudee crew and experience...just read the posts here on TF. I personally have had to run down to meet the boat on several occaisons to help certify multiple world record contenders. I have also seen stringers full of big seabass, triggers, wreckfish, sharks, grouper, bluefish, tilefish, rosefish, dolphin, and even swordfish come off the Rudee Angler. Since becoming more aquainted with the crews, I have learned these are some of the most professional, knowledgeable, and well respected crews in the headboat business anywhere. They come from several generations of headboat captians and set the standard in the industry for our area. I would go tomorrow in a heart beat, as would most anglers I know....but I understand tomorrow's trip is sold out...seems others are already aware! (They may have more work cut out for me again tonight!) :rolleyes:

You may also contact me for more comments as well...

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Julie

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have caught some real nice fish off the Rudee Angler. As with any head boat fishing there will be tangles but the mates work hard to keep you rigged and fishing. The winter Bass trips are EXCELLENT!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rudee Headboat fishing

i'll be there on Saturday. Flatties and big seabass, togs sound good to me. I need some variety to go with the a freezer full of puppy drum filets:rockon:
my boy and I will be going and he loves the crew and capt'n. Looking forward to a good trip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts