Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally trailer down to O.I. this time of year for stripers, but can't see making that long haul (from Northern Va.) when the fish are up north. So therefore, I am planning a Rudee trip in the next 2-3 weeks, but haven't been there since the early 80's. So if you guys from down there could, I would appreciate any info on a marina with a good ramp, parking and maybe a resturant. Thanks in advance.

Mark
1999 230 Sportcraft C/C

·
Registered
157 Posts
Owls creek ramp is free but you will have to put in early to get a parking space. The ramps are nice and the ride out of rude does not take long but it is a no-wake zone the hole way.Comming out of rude on a windy day some times is fun but have seen alot of boats comming and going this fall so.... The stripers are all over the ocean this time of year. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Mark,

Two ramps you would want to consider, depending on where the fish are. First, the Crab Creek Ramp which is on the North side of the Lesner Bridge just off of Shore Dr., right at Lynhaven Inlet. I believe it's $6.00 to launch. If the fish are moving South of Rudee Inlet, then you would want to use the Owl Creek ramp which is just on the South side of Rudee Inlet next to the VA Marine Science Museum. I believe that one is free.

Accomodations - The Days Inn at 10th St & Atlantic runs a fisherman's special. $30 / night during the week & $40 / night on the weekend. Pretty basic accomodations, but fine for a few guys on a fishing trip & about 5 blocks from Rudee Inlet. Make your reservations in advance, as they do fill up on the weekends. 757.428.6141

Restaurants - VA Beach is full of good ones. If you are staying at the Days Inn, then there are a few I would recommend. Rudee's, which is right on the inlet has great seafood in a casual setting. They also have a great bar where you can likely hear some good fishing stories from that day... Mahi Mah's is in the Ramada only about 3 or 4 blocks south of the Days Inn (walking distance). Again, excellent food and sushi bar in a little more upscale atmosphere.

Enjoy your stay & good luck!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot Reb and HB. Just got done looking at it on Google and sure looks nice from space .:eek: If the weather holds, I might make it down next Saturday. Don't know about spending the night though, since one of the guys that fishes with me just had a baby, but his wife will let him have a one day pass. :D Maybe we'll see some other TFer's down there.

Mark
1999 Sportcraft 230 C/C

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
This year we ate at a very good italian rest literally next door to days end. cant rem name but it is one building south. where do you trailer guys park your boats at days inn? i noticed a sign this year no parking in their lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts