Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you like catching Bluefish, they are in Rudee Inlet right now. I caught 6 just trolling around. I went with the intention of catching trout but you dance with whatever will dance with you. Good luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went back out to Rudee last night and ran into Ruthless welcoming another kayaker into the fold.

Everyone was reporting the blues biting pretty hard and some young men were bringing them in from the shore pretty steady. I myself experienced a nice flounder bite but lost it due to my own stupidity. Its funny that I have been fishing for 40 years and still get excited with a fish on. One man with a nice trolling setup caught a few 16 1/2" flounder.

Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jeff, good to meet you that was me out there in the green Kingfisher. I stayed until 9:30 and you were right, nothing but the BLUES. I'm just about to give up on the spring bite in Rudee, maybe CBBT or Lynnhaven tonight depending on the wind.

Good to see Cory out but I thought he was fishing for the same thing we were. [tongue]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw Cory at the ramp, I didn't know he was in the water. He must have been in that 12' Orange Yak. I think your right about Rudee. I was happy to see a lot of mud minnows in someones trap in the back. I feel a little better knowing the bait is moving in. I've been wanting to go over to Lynnhaven but with the wind I'm just happy to wet a line in Rudee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts