Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help on this one. I've heard in years past that Rudee public ramp actually gets closed down to to heavy traffic. Does anyone know just how many boats are planning to fish the frostbite ? If they have closed the ramp this year due to overload ? Where to go when the ramp gets closed ? :rockon:

·
Registered
320 Posts
You could go to Lynnhaven if the ramp gets full. Rudee fills up real quick, usually by 7-8 AM. Lynnhaven is not free but a LOT nicer ramp. longer run to NC or out infront of Rudee.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If your there very early then you should be OK. If I'm correct its suppose to be pretty cold this weekend so that will help. If not Lynhaven is the next best choice.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I launched around 7:45 a few saturdays ago and got the last parkign spot at Owl Creek.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Garry,

I've been down there when Owls Creek got closed, drove over to Crab Creek (Lynnhaven) to find it closed, but I managed to find a spot across Lynnhaven at Bubbas. Also not free but a decent ramp, nice tackle store and a good eats at Bubbas. If all of those are closed...I don't know what to tell ya. Go on down to Oregon Inlet I guess.

·
Registered
805 Posts
There is parking accross the street at Rudees when full. Just take a left out from parking lot and go to the right, take first right turn and you're there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with bryanfish get there early an u have no problem. But like Spearo said there is overflow parking across the street . ALSO WITH THE COLD TEMPS COMING IT SHOULD not be as crowded .Any N or NE wind will slow it down a bit also good luck

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
When the lot across the street from the boat ramp fills up the Police MAY close the ramp completely. No matter where you intend on parking. It happened to me last year and I got in line at 7AM.

There is a third option. Go down Pacific Ave. to 64th street and turn away from the ocean. At the end of the road is the entrance to part of False Cape State Park. About 3 or 4 miles down the road is a boat ramp. Takes some small bills at is a pay as you go system. The boat ramp will put you out in the middle of Broad Bay about 20 minutes from the Lesner Bridge.

Good luck.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i'm sure with the tournament this weekend you'll need to be there by 3am.......LOL. heard a few guys were sleeping in their trucks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumbup: Thanks for the help guys. Does anyone have a idea on how many boats might be fishing this Frostbite ? Hope inlet's not frozen over. We fished outta there two years ago And cracked a thin with the bow.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
:thumbup: Thanks for the help guys. Does anyone have a idea on how many boats might be fishing this Frostbite ? Hope inlet's not frozen over. We fished outta there two years ago And cracked a thin with the bow.
they're expecting at least 60 more boats to sign up at the captains meeting....we'll see how that goes.....right now 25 boats are pre-registered and weather is shaping up really nicely for Saturday and Sunday....just cold as a witches #*#

www.vafrostbite.com

...Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts