Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Juke's post, shuda went to Lynnhaven.
Met BASSMANPETE down at Rudee this morning. Fished till 'bout 1100. I had one small blue. We even used fishbites. Used the Caper I got from Pete. It's smaller than my Emotion Fisherman. Once I put scupper plugs in, it was a great dry ride. After we came in, found out why it was harder to paddle and sitting lower in the water than when we started. No, I didn't forget the plug Needs a bit more attention to that hole Pete put in it on the Rapp while smallie fishing.
Enjoyed meeting Mike fm Seattle and Henry in the BlueGrey Perception SIK. Hope to see them at the meetings and tourney.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mike, glad to get out with ya. Glad, too, I was there for the test leaking of the Caper. You sure that boat is gonna get used by the wife?????[wink]

Wish you had told the fish to expect us. I wandered around the inlet a bit, and up a creek with nothing. Did see one shorebound angler get a nice croaker, and finally headed up to the museum to find Mike.

Saw one large school of bait up top and floated in too close, only to find that larger flashes of some kinda predator were down 4-5 feet feeding. Didn't even get to make a cast before the bait spooked from me, and the bigger fish headed out to the middle of the inlet, still chasing the baitfish.

Got a few nibbles from little fish on a fishbite, but that was it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was at Rudee AM Sat.
The water was way to warm for any real action in the inlet, so I padddled out and turned south trolling off Crotan. I found a school of small blues working some bait and caught several. I put one of the small blues on a live rig under a balloon float, but nothing was interested in taking me for a ride. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts