Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite small craft advisory - 4 boats fished the tournament.Lots of smack talk filled the radio all morning and the good laughs helped warm us up.It was chilly but some still drank cold beers :D.We rafted up at 1:00 and then at 2:00 - Evans measured the fish.All lengths are to the Vee of the tail.

Skip 25 1/2

Ralph 24 1/2

Scott 20

Evans 19

Mark 18 3/4

The winning Perch was a beast at 11" to the vee 12'' overall :thumbup:.It was caught by Dave Coddry.

Open - Bluefish 10 1/2 by Billy.

We all enjoyed the day and about 3:00 we all headed back.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
You are all to be congratulated for your efforts!

I was entertaining company today, or Brian and I would have been there to clean your clocks. :yes:
I think we need a late autumn one-day tourney. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Lost and Found

LOST - -

12-pack of Beer

Last seen falling off the stern of Billy's (get the net) SeaPro as he trailered the boat down the road at 5:00AM Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Fun day guys - Thanks, Evans for coordinating everything!!

Some Pictures from today -

Fish sizes posted by Skip were false - here's the REAL winning Rockfish :D

Part of the winning team's (Skip, Ralph, & Scott) catch

Big E with one of his entries

Mark (attml)

John Veil

Billy's crew

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Nice day of the water despite the wind. I was out at O-dark thirty and met up with my Brother-in Law Andy. I finshed the day with the 18 3/4 and a 24 which I caught and released due to it being covered in sores. My brother in law finished the day with a 21" & 22" which he had to walk through the Severn Inn's dining area to get back to his car.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Nice going fellas!!!! Those are two nice fish there Skip and Ralph....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Aaaaaaawl son! The live-lined donut does it again. Looks like the "bait" fishermen brought the thunder yesterday! Skip, I am assuming it was just an oversight that you didn't list the GPS coordinates for your spot. We'll take em any time.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorrry - my GPS was off :D.There was a water front home close by-if that helps :rolleyes:. Come to the next meeting Nov. 5th - buy me 16 beers and I'll explain how we caught them :pp.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice day - but days on the water usually are
Once dresssed right the temperature was perfect.
Whoever said "don't forget white perch" - thanks
saved what was other wise a morning of the slowest fishing I've had in 2 weeks.
When you catch about 40 white perch in about 40 minutes - one of em might be good sized!
With a nice buzz on after the raft up - fished a bit more on the way home -
got a few to 18, and had one drag screamer break off around a piling - Chirs and mill - that should tell you where (yes to waterfornt home nearby as well:D)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Chirs and mill - that should tell you where (yes to waterfornt home nearby as well)
We've already conversed, and yes, we are both familiar with said structure and its location.

I don't fish in the one-day tourneys to win. I fish in them to take notes. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts