Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right Gentleman (and ladies). Who is in for Saturday? Team Ham Wallet is officially in!! My vote is for biggest Bluefish for the open catagory since there are so many around right now?

RUMBLE ON THE RIVER

Date: Saturday, October 18th
Type: One Day; Bring fish or photo to weigh-in
Entry Fee: $10 / person
Prizes:
1. Single Longest Rockfish: 50%
2. Single Longest White Perch: 20%
3. Open (by vote): 10%
4. SRRKC Fund: 20% (to be donated to Kim Harris)
Tournament Coordinator: Big E
VHF Channel: 78
Weigh-in Time: 1-2pm
Weigh-in Location: Weems Creek

Severn River Demarcation Line: Tolly Point (land) to Hacketts Point (land) - includes Whitehall Bay and tributaries

· Registered
1,241 Posts
I'm hoping to get back in time - Saturday is going to be a crazy day around annapolis (navy football + homecoming weekend, boat show, SRRKC tournament, ...)

BTW: We usually don't vote for the open category until the weigh-in... you never know what crazy things someone might bring to the weigh-in.

Not seeing a whole lot of replies on this yet. Is this Saturday going to work out for everyone? Would a different day be better?

· Registered
1,282 Posts
BTW: We usually don't vote for the open category until the weigh-in... you never know what crazy things someone might bring to the weigh-in.
That's what I thought also Larry....these new kids.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Mark, it usually is something not so prevalent during the time of the tourney, or something off-the-wall.

A giant-ass bluefish could be in the running though.

· Registered
245 Posts
I would really like to hook up with you guys on Saturday. I've got friends who have sailed their catamaran up from Carolina Beach NC. They're anchored in front of the West Severna Park Beach right now, (Aly Cat) so if you guys cruise by them, give a shout out. We are sailing over to Tilghman island for the weekend for the Waterman Festival. Should be fun but I sure would like hang around for the smack talk. Good luck.

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I'm in - and I hope NOAA is as accurate as they usually are :roflguy:
otherwise... it could be an ugly day on the water. Hate to launch at Truxton because of the boat show mess, but a run from Sandy Point may not be possible for me if 3'ers are in the bay.

Fri
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.

Fri Night
NE winds 10 kt. Gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of rain.

Sat
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft...subsiding to 1 ft after midnight. A chance of rain.

· Registered
151 Posts
I plan on showing up. I'd like to get a chance to meet you all.
I know I see some of you on the water . (Deadlowtide- how'd ya make out by those docks last eve?)
do i send a check in ahead?

· Registered
4,536 Posts
I just got home this morning from an 11-day trip to Venezuela and Argentina. My return trip took 28 hours door-to-door, and I have lots of catching up to do at home. I don't plan to enter the tournament but if the weather allows, I will try to come to the weigh-in in Weems.

I had hoped to get some fishing in while I was in Patagonia, but the decent trout and salmon rivers were many hours away over questionable roads. Because of flight delays, I only had two days there instead of the four I had planned. I did get to see a huge sea lion colony and lots of good scenery.

· Registered
4,536 Posts
I did not fish in the tournament today but did paddle out in my kayak to meet the hardy anglers for the weigh in. I will let one of the participants give the official results. I do have a group photo to show.

After leaving the group, I fished some of the shoreline along outer Weems Creek. I got no bites in the main creek, but did pick up a few white perch inside the small sheltered coves. I had one surprise catch -- a skinny 10" yellow perch. I have never caught one of them before in October.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.