Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm making plans to pull my boat before the season starts to repaint the hull but I have a question. Sometime back, probably mid last summer, while flipping through the channels I came across ShipShape TV and they had this new product that you put on the running gears so that algae and barnacles could not stick to your trim tabs, shaft, or prop-it's mostly used in Florida-I believe. It looked like a yellow paint type. I was wondering if anyone has ever used it or anything like it or even know the name of it. The reason I am asking is that I have a very small prop on my boat with a small pitch (it's actually 14/9, believe it or not) and it seems that every time I want to go out in the summer I have to beach it and clean the trim tabs and prop before I can get on plane. I am willing to try anything at this point, so anything that any of you have used previously and recommend, I will try and appreciate the help. Just to let you know, I am off the Potomac at Lewissetta.

Thanks,
Eddy aka Katie Rae

:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I googled propspeed and found only one distributor in the US. Did you purchase yours from someone local or did you have to order it from them? If it was someone local could you please give me a name and number? I'm willing to try it.

Thanks,

Eddy

·
Registered
197 Posts
We used Propspeed on the boat I work on. After having been in the water all summer, we pulled the wheels and they looked great. We had it applied by a yard in Ft Lauderdale, but I saw a rep for the company at the Annapolis boat show ( I forget who is was). You might find those guys at the Balt. show.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I just posted on the boat talk board about the same thing but I thought it was called Titi or Kiki. It was a two step application and everyone swore this actually worked. If anybody has info please post. Thank you, Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts