Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hunted for the fourth evening in a row...same field , been seeing 9-10 does every evening....last night i let 4 bucks walk:eek2:(not my normal thing) but we are managing the farm, small four , a real nice 6 or 8, 17-18 inches wide, problably 180 pds,. couldnt really get a good look, although he was 22 yards away, it was kinda dark, and a decent 6 and a spike. so i thought i would hunt a different part of the field. and low and behold here come the does and BIG BOY:yes: he ran one particular doe for almost a hour while the others just kept on eating, he's got plenty to keep him busy so im going for the kill tomorrow...Trick or Treat, bad thing about it no tree for a stand...gotta do the ground thing:yes:not a problem though...just sit there and look like sage grass:Dhopefully tomorrow i'll have pictures...he was problably 20 inches wide minimum, 10-12 inch g-2's and a solid 8 with mass, got to hurry up and get in bed so x-mas gets here sooner...i'll definately keep ya posted....If you can i'd go out and get in the woods .....things are definately starting to heat up:yes::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
off to waldorf:yes:where the rut is also in full swing.....good luck to all venturing out this morning....................trick or treat:eek2::D

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know it's hard to do letting bucks walk. But it's a practice that can show great results. Good job on that. I have been passing several nice bucks in Chester County Pa with the hopes they will live another year. I have my doubts because the area is all pretty much public land. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
They are in Chase mode. Sorry but the RUT wont be full swing for at least another 10 days, then its on:thumbup:

Phil(lily):thumbup:

·
Registered
484 Posts
my drivers have seen a lot of dead deer on the side of the road in the last couple days.that is my sign that it is on or getting very close.

·
Registered
186 Posts
lily is right . somewhere in the time frame of the later part of next week or the last week of archery season should be right on time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts