Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It seems like half of the ones we are killing are done rutting and the other half are still swollen up. The bigger bucks still seems to have thick necks and stinking tarsals. The small buck seem to be done. A guy in my club got this one Saturday, he was layed up with 5 does in a broomstraw cutover. I guess it has slowed down for the most part, but a few days after the next full moon might be a good time to be out there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It seems like half of the ones we are killing are done rutting and the other half are still swollen up. The bigger bucks still seems to have thick necks and stinking tarsals. The small buck seem to be done. A guy in my club got this one Saturday, he was layed up with 5 does in a broomstraw cutover. I guess it has slowed down for the most part, but a few days after the next full moon might be a good time to be out there.
Yea it's been like that all season this year. Even early in NC it was the same as VA, we shot several bucks in NC that had a mix in and out of rut then started hunting VA and found the same to be true. Not sure what had them so mixed up this year but fun none the less being the rut seem to just keep going like the battery commercial.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It's definately been a weird year for the rut! It's never been all out but we are just now seeing more and more bucks chasing in Isle of Wight and Smithfield. I sure hopes it keeps up a little longer. I've let too many go waiting for BUBBA; I'm still buckless. Oh well LIVE BY THE BIG RACK DIE BY THE BIG RACK!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts