Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually post on the CB board, but just got back from Winner S Dakota after a week long Pheasant hunt. The birds are thick as jelly's in August. We limited everyday and we back from hunting by 2 most days with 14 guns. I actually hunted a few clicks north of Winner in Ideal, but the place is so small I don't know if it is even on a map. Our guide was top notch and I would highly recommend that if you every decide to go out there, contact Cody Jorgensen. He does not have a camp or lodge, but a mere 10,000 acres to hunt. We brought dogs and he had 2 dogs. The best part of the trip was watching his dogs work. Three days in a row his Black Lab Rito made the most incredible retrieves that i have ever seen. These were pure blind retrieve after a falling bird out of sight . all three times he came back with a kicking bird in his mug. Words do the dog no justice. Happy Thanksgiving to all and bmail me if you want to get in contact with Cody. I'll call my Uncle and get his number. The price was 150 a day. so the whole sa-bang was a little over 2g's
Jack

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've hunted in Winner, SD several times, and Shady, I have to agree with you as far as the birds being as thick as jellies in August. There's nothing like driving a field and seeing several hundred birds flush when you get to the end of the field. It's something you have to experience to really appreciate.

If anyone gets the chance to get out there, do it! Every time we've gone (with 15 people), we too had our limits each day by 2:00. And pheasant-hunting hours in SD don't start until 10 am!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts