Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Drurys' at 0630 on the MELANIE ANN with Capt Donnie and Scott(Crowbait) Ray Ray, Justin, and PJ Braun. Lines in the water at 0700 and first fish on at 0710 on a roof rod. It was PJs turn, and he quickly had a fat 38 at the boat and in the net. Next was Justin who picked up a fat 39. Next up was Ray Ray (12)who fought his fish standing up and yelling at me (his dad) not to touch the rod, it too was soon in the boat..Finally it was my turn when a long rod went off.After fighting for a short time we boated it a 40 in TAGGED fish! As luck would have it it was my third tagged fish. Caught less than one mile from my first.
Scott read me the phone number on the tag as I called the 800 number only to have it answer" FOR THE BEST ADULT CONVERSATION" at which point I hung up and we checked the number. With the right number we reached the Fish and Wildlife Service and left the info. Next up was PJ who ended up with the big fish of the day a 41in giant, the biggest fish of this young mans life. What a thrill it was to be there to watch him land it. He did a great job bringing it to the net. Poor Scott almost broke his a$$ pulling the rod off the roof, thankfully he was ok. It was a spectacular day with a great Captain and overqualified Mate. We headed to the barn before noon with a warm sun on us. Just a great day with a great crew.
I am very fortunate to know these people and call them my friends.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The funny thing is I said "What is this Diamond Jim Tag" just 10 minutes before I caught my fish.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
955 Posts
Jeff, Didn't recognize you......I was the guy talking to Scott right after he finished cleanin your catch. Should have introduced myself....sorry. We had a good day Sunday as well. Went out with a buddy on the Mackenzie Ray for a fun trip, lookin for bubba. Didn't find him, only little 25-30 lbers. Tom

Almost forgot, one of the fish we caught last weekend in the Potomac in the MSSA tournament was tagged...fish was about 35 lbs

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Jeff,

It was great to have you and the boys on the boat - I always enjoy fishing with you. In just one short year I've noticed how capable Ray has grown as a fisherman. For just a little guy he can really put a whooping on a fish - even with heavy trolling tackle. I was really proud to see him reel his fish un-assisted. I'm sure you were too.

Justin is showing everyone, here at work, the pictures and making them jealous. I still can't believe a measely 40" fish pulled me to the deck when i grabbed the roof rod. I'd like to perpetuate a lie that it was a double that pulled me down, but I think I just messed up and got ahead of myself. My sore foot, elbow and hip will keep me from trying to work too quick in the future. There's one thing for sure - I had a death grip on the rod!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Jeff,

It was great to have you and the boys on the boat - I always enjoy fishing with you. In just one short year I've noticed how capable Ray has grown as a fisherman. For just a little guy he can really put a whooping on a fish - even with heavy trolling tackle. I was really proud to see him reel his fish un-assisted. I'm sure you were too.

Justin is showing everyone, here at work, the pictures and making them jealous. I still can't believe a measely 40" fish pulled me to the deck when i grabbed the roof rod. I'd like to perpetuate a lie that it was a double that pulled me down, but I think I just messed up and got ahead of myself. My sore foot, elbow and hip will keep me from trying to work too quick in the future. There's one thing for sure - I had a death grip on the rod!
Scott, Glad you're alright, but it sure does sound like a candidate for Americas Funniest Videos if there is any footage of the action!!!

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I have some crappy pictures - the good ones are on Donnie's camera. I'll try to get them up later. Sorry, I didn't take any close ups of the tagged fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts